Ever wondered what it takes to run our railway? Are you interested to know how we maintain our locomotives? Are you looking for a new hobby to do in your spare time?
The Ruislip Lido Railway opens its doors to the public for a behind the scenes look at what we do to keep the railway running.
Our popular May Open Day is back again this year, taking place on Sunday 7th May, between 11am to 5pm. Entry is free although normal fares apply for the train service.
A special timetable will be in operation.
- Workshop & Yard area open to the public with staff on hand to explain what we do and answer any of your questions.
- All available locomotives on display in the yard for children (and adults!) to look at and sit in.
- Our track maintenance vehicles will be on display with descriptions of what they are and what we use them for.
- The Turntable Tea Room will be open at Willow Lawn for all your refreshment needs and there will also be a small display of pictures and other information.
- Our Shop will be open at Woody Bay selling all the must have railway items.
- Information on how you can become a volunteer on Britain's longest 12 inch gauge railway.
We hope you will be able to come and visit us on what is always a popular day.
|May Open Day 2017 Poster||2.04 MB|
Details will be posted here in July / August
Online booking will open in September